Friday, December 7, 2012

Finding What Works For You

If you are like me, I'm sure that you have been down this weight loss journey before. Trying several different methods too I'm sure. Nathan and I have tried P90X several times before, but we never did it correctly, certain workouts or exercises we didn't like we just skipped, I don't think he has ever done more than 10 min of yoga. But I have no doubt that it would work if followed correctly. But here is my problem:  It sikes you out.

When we were doing it, it was a daily struggle to push play, because you knew the ass kicking you were about to have. Once you got started you struggled your way through the warm-ups and attempted your best to do the workouts (i had a lot of modifications) and you survived (sort of). I would make every excuse in the book to not do the workouts though. It was all a mental thing. I knew how terrible it was going to be and my brain said nope. So my solution was to workout my way.

I could easily make myself go to the gym, and tell myself just do 15 minutes. Thats all. Once I was there and got moving though, the endorphins would kick in and I would be there for an hour, working my butt off (literally) on the elliptical. And then do a couple weights just for the heck of it. You can't do that with P90X. You can't push play and tell your brain, oh its just some light jogging, no biggie today, I know you are tired. And to me that was more detrimental to my workout than anything.

I think that to continue with an exercise regimine, you have to find something that works for you. A lot of times I think people give up on exercise because they haven't found their workout yet. So How many different ways did you try before you found your dream workout?

No comments:

Post a Comment