Monday, January 21, 2013

Day 1

So Friday had finally arrived and with it my elliptical, (yay!) but normally on Fridays we have more of a casual day at work but we had some big-wigs come in so it was yet another day in my super cute new 3.5" Nude Patent Nine West Pumps (thank you Marshall's!) Of course anytime I wear a heel to work over 2" I wear my Dr. Scholl's High Heel Inserts which are divine to say the least. After work Nathan picked me up and we went over to a friends house and ordered pizza then went to another friends house so the husbands could all play beer pong while the wives sat around gossiping. Eventually though it turned into quite the dance party and let me tell you, while my feet weren't hurting, my muscles definitely were. We are a colorful bunch so we were all showing off our best "stripper moves" and doing little belly dance moves with bent legs while basically standing on the balls of your feet, needless to say my thighs, they were a-burning.

This group of friends we have, Nathan works with all the guys but three of the guys live all within 5-10 min of each other while Nathan and I have about a 30 min drive to where they live. So Saturday, we did a lot of laying around until we went back over (now to the third guys house) to cook some steaks and sing karaoke. This was a lot of excursions for Nathan and I, but we did make one of our resolutions to get out more. Sunday arrived all too quickly and we finally got a chance to put my elliptical together! We had dinner and I made actual mashed potatoes instead of just using instant flakes, which was pretty much a pain and I know now why my mom always uses instant. Regardless dinner was delicious, Nathan cooked pork chops and I made creamy ranch potatoes, so delicious but unhealthy.

About 2 hours after dinner, I decided to give the elliptical a try. It was pathetic. My legs immediately started screaming under the fat burn program and I took it down from my normal 4 miles an hour to about 2.8 mph and stopped after 15 minutes. In my own defense though I am quite tall and it does have a shorter stride than I am used to giving it more of a stair stepper stride than what i'm used to. Plus my legs were still sore from Friday. So first workout down and at least I did something. (No matter how slow you go you are still lapping everybody on the couch) My goal was to get up this morning and get in about 30 minutes before work and I was actually mostly awake but I my brain says, no go back to bed. I just have to remember: "It's easier getting up every morning and working out than looking in the mirror everyday and not liking what you see." But going to make myself do at least 30 minutes tonight and pushing for 45. My goal is to do 30 min in the morning and 30 min in the evening or at least 4 miles everyday. But its been a while since I worked out and I just have to remember to go slowly and always STRETCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment